Sunday, October 25, 2009

Best Picture - October 24 Red Wings at Avalanche

I'm starting something new with this blog. Among other things, I'll post one image per assignment (pro sports or otherwise) that I consider the "best" image from the shoot. It may not be the same image an actual editor would choose, but it will be the most meaningful image for me from the event or shoot.

For the first entry, here is an image from last night's NHL game at the Pepsi Center in Denver, during a Red Wings at Avalanche game. The Avalanche are currently on a tear - 18 points out of 22 possible through 11 games - with rookies Matt Duchene and Ryan O'Reilly scoring points while playing sensible and selfless hockey. The Avalanche beat the Red Wings with a goal each from T.J. Galiardi (pictured) and Chris Stewart (in his return from a very brief stint in the AHL). I chose the picture below because it is not a typical hockey action photo, but instead one that happened when my camera focused on the wrong part of the frame, but that really shows the mood at the arena when the Avalanche tied it up. I hope you'll enjoy this new series and hopefully I'll post consistent - and interesting - pictures. Thanks.

No comments: