Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22, 2011 - Bruins at Avalanche

With this game against the Boston Bruins, I've photographed every NHL team at the Pepsi Center. I was glad to see the Av's in their road whites and the visiting Bruins in their "alternate" or 3rd jerseys.



I also tried out something new, thinking it might be good to try for some really tight shots of a few players. Took me a couple periods to get my settings dialed, and there is still some work to do, but it was pretty cool. It sucks shooting through the glass.

A close up of Marc Savard's faceoff face. He was pulled from the game in the 2nd period after smashing against the boards. He's missed a lot of games in the past two seasons to concussion, so hopefully he's OK.


For some reason this game featured more scuffles than I would have expected. Here, David Koci waits for his masters order to attack.


Stastny picked up his 100th career NHL goal in the first period. Here, he tries to tip in a pass that ends up in the lap of Tim Thomas. At the end it was a bad loss for the Av's but a decent game for me.

No comments: